Tuesday, February 4, 2014

February Food Post #1 | Becket's Restaurant in Oshkosh, WI


Well here we go, loves.  My first attempt at a month long series - yikes.  Read more about what I have decided to do for the month of February here.  

We all have those restaurants that we frequent where we never seem to have a bad meal.  Becket's is at the top of this list for me.

It sits right on the water in Oshkosh, Wisconsin and has an unbelievable interior.  The colors are warm and inviting - while having a modern flair.  Some of the entrees can get a little pricey (especially on a college budget), but many of the wraps and sandwiches sit at around $8-10.

They use as many fresh, seasonal ingredients as they can get their hands on - and update their menu to fit.


One of the best things about this restaurant is their weekly specials:

Monday-1/2 price burgers
Tuesday-$1 fish tacos
Wednesday-jazz orgy wine wed. w/ $13 bottles of wine
Thursday-all night happy hour
Friday-fish fry
Saturday-prime rib
Sunday-free wine Sunday (with purchase of 2 entrees)

As someone who LOVES wine - the live jazz music Wednesday and free wine Sunday are my absolute favorite nights.  

My boyfriend and I went to Becket's for New Year's Eve dinner (I also went their for my birthday dinner as well, and to celebrate the end of the semester....) and I had one of the best meals I have ever had in MY ENTIRE LIFE.


I ordered the grilled salmon with sauteed green beans and a potato croquette.  The salmon had a raspberry balsamic glaze on top and it was cooked perfectly.  The green beans were al dente and had the best crunch.  But guys... the POTATO CROQUETTE.  This is seriously one of my favorite things.  It is essentially a crusted ball of garlic mashed potatoes and it is heavenly.  If you ever find yourself over at Becket's - make sure you have the potato croquette for your side.  

All in all - Becket's has an amazing atmosphere, reasonable prices, and the most delicious food.  I highly recommend this restaurant.

What is your go to restaurant for a night out?  Let me know in the comments below!

With love,

Traci J


No comments:

Post a Comment