Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas Outfit + Manicure Monday


Hello and happy Monday!  This past Saturday we had my Mom's side of the family over for a Christmas celebration - and I had been planning my outfit for weeks (as any good beauty blogger would do).  So, with only 2 days until Christmas - YAY- here is my Christmas outfit (and a Manicure Monday squeezed in at the end)!


I think the combination of the long sweater, liquid leggings, and gold necklace is super festive and cozy - while still incorporating the right amount of holiday glam.  I found the sweater a few weeks ago at Marshalls, and I am obsessed with the way it fits tightly on my arms and flows out at the bottom.  Plus, it has the right amount of a hi-lo cut so it covers my behind in my leggings :P  

I first bought a pair of shiny floral print black leggings at Marshalls - and swore up and down that I didn't need to try them on because they were spandex and they would fit... Of course I got home put them on and they were SUPER baggy.  So feeling embarrassed and discouraged, I set off to find the perfect pair of liquid leggings.  I found them rather quickly at Rue 21 ( I don't shop here often becuase I usually don't find many items that are worth purchasing - however these leggings were only $5)!!!  This time I went into the dressing room and tried them on - they were a perfect fit.


The behind is covered! 


First - check out the cute Christmas cat in his little red collar. How cute!  

For shoes - I have on my black and brown boots from Boston Store.  I purchased these for only $20 on Black Friday - so worth it.  They are very comfortable and go with almost anything.  

For make up I did a black/grey/gold smokey eye with a cat eye liner and big lashes. I used the same plum blush as in my Christmasy baking look, a plum shade with a little bit of shimmer.  On my lips I tried out a new shade from NYX - Violet Ray.  The camera doesn't do it justice - it is a deep violet shade with enough of a red undertone to make it wearable.  This is the darkest shade I own - and I am loving it.  Playing around with lipsticks is one of my favorite things to do.

As for my hair I just curled the bottom layer randomly using my 1 1/2 inch barrel iron and used some sea salt spray to add some texture and volume - I was pretty satisfied with the overall look.



Manicure Monday!


For my Christmas party manicure I wanted something that just screamed "CHRISTMAS!!!"  I think that the green color paired with a colorful glittery polish looks just like a Christmas tree with colored lights.  It added the pop of color that my outfit needed.

*I never mentioned my necklace - it is a few years old and from Forever 21.

I used my usual base coat by Essie, and then put on two coats of Wild Cactus by the Color Club.  This color came to me in a Birchbox a few months back, and I love it.  It is a true green - perfect for Christmas. The formula isn't streaky or thick, and it goes on perfectly with two coats.  

For the glitter or "the lights" on my Christmas tree inspired nails, I used one coat of a rainbow glitter polish by Cynthia Rowley.  I can't find the polish online anywhere - I purchased mine last year at TJMaxx.

Then - I topped it off with my current favorite top coat, which you can see here on my first ever Manicure Monday!

I hope you enjoyed my Christmas outfit and manicure.  If you have done a holiday look put a like in the comments - holiday season is still here and I need some more inspiration!

Merry Christmas - with love,

Traci J


No comments:

Post a Comment