Sunday, January 4, 2015

2014 Favorites

Hello loves,

Can you believe that another year has come and gone?! It's about to be 2015 - and I just can't wrap my mind around it. While I sit here attempting to mentally adjust to the new year - I have compiled a list of my 2014 favorites!  Here you will find the beast beauty products, favorite fashion items, and other random 2014 favorites of mine.

Enjoy :)

Beauty

This is a product that I could not have survived 2014 without!  Covergirl 2 in 1 Foundation, you were my go to base. My sunshine on a rainy day, if you will.  When my skin was dehydrated and cranky from too many hours in the airport - you helped me put on a happy face.  When I had only slept for 3 hours - you rejuvenated me.  And God forbid, if I had a blemish (or 12) you were there to hide the redness.  Thanks, Outlast. Thanks.

New to me in November of 2014, this shampoo and conditioner duo helped bring life to my ombre without weighing it down.  My hair is longer than ever - and also more dry - finding a treatment that adds enough moisture without weighing it down - is downright impossible... That is until I saw Ingrid Nilsen recommend Dove Dry Oil Shampoo and Conditioner in this video.  As soon as I purchased them, I was hooked!

My beautiful little angled brush.  How I adore you.  I've had this guy for a couple years now, but only recently realized how much he means to me.  Each and every morning he helps me fill in my brows - which is no easy task.  Sometimes, they are beautifully groomed - recently waxed, plucked, and all together maintained - but more often than not they are two fuzzy caterpillars atop my brow bone.  This CRAZY affordable brush allows me to precisely and naturally fill in those bad boys. Stay classy, angle brush. 


Fashion


T Shirt Dress
(Similar)
I bought this dress from Target in July, and first featured it in this post. It is so comfy - and versatile.  You can dress it up with heals and a blazer - or down with sandals and a ponytail. This grey t shirt dress has taken me through many long flights - and never once wrinkled. I was even wearing it when I met Brendon Urie from Panic! at the Disco, at LAX. For that alone - I thank you, t shirt dress. 

Coincidentally, this faux leather jacket goes great with the dress I just mentioned.  I swear, I have the hardest time finding jackets that fit my petite frame.  So, when I found this one at Marshall's early in 2014 - I snatched it up.  The cute floral panels give a hint of femininity to this sassy jacket. Every girl needs a good leather (or pleather) jacket to bring out their sass.


I have received SO many compliments on this necklace.  I picked it up on Black Friday - and it is truly the best necklace ever.  It goes with everything.  The whit acrylic jewels and rhinestone accents add a hint of glamour to any outfit.  I like to layer it with cozy, oversized sweaters. 


Noms

Now I know that this does not sound all that appealing. But I'm telling you - this is the snack that got me through 2014.  It's crunchy, salty, and good for you!  Instead of reaching for potato chips or some other unhealthy snack after student teaching - I grabbed a handful of these instead. Try it. I promise it's delicious. 

Mmmm. Panera.  Living on the road has me going out to  eat A LOT.  Whenever someone wants to have a meeting over a meal - I always suggest Panera.  They have so many choices that I never have to have the same thing twice.  My favorites have been the Autumn Squash Soup and the Roasted Turkey and Avocado Panini.  Plus, I'm  absolutely obsessed with Panera's green tea. 


One of my coworkers introduced Neuro Water to me this July. Neuro water is a line of enhanced flavored waters.  They have water to help you sleep, give you energy, and even reduce stress.  I love the Tangerine Dreams for sleep (it has melatonin) and puts me to sleep with only half a bottle.  I really like the Bliss one as well - it is said to reduce stress. 


Music
Don't forget to follow me on Spotify!



Panic! At The Disco
This past summer - Miss Jackson - was my JAM, and I have a history of indulging in Panic!  However, until I randomly ran into Brendon (the lead singer of Panic! at the Disco) at LAX - I hadn't listened to the rest of Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die yet - and OMG!  This album (and really all of their music) is amazing!!!  My top 3 off of their latest album are:

1. Colar Full
2. This is Gospel
3. The End of All Things


Ed Sheeran
Oh, Ed. You're just darling.  He took the world by storm during 2014 - and was the soundtrack to most of my wait time in airports throughout the year (and my before bed playlist).  X was phenomenal.  My top 3 are:

1. Nina
2. I See Fire
3. Photograph

The 1975
Do I even need to talk about my love affair with The 1975?  I first heard about them from Ingrid Nilsen - over a year and a half ago - and I'm still infatuated/obsessed/CRAZY about them. I have no more words, so let's just jump into my top 3 picks.

1. Medicine
2. Sex
3. The City

Whew! I'm tired just listing out everything from 2014. What a year!  I'm interested in knowing what your favorite things from 2014 are!  Let me know in the comments below.  Did we share any favorites?

Happy New Year everyone!

XOXO,

Traci J

No comments:

Post a Comment