Monday, December 16, 2013

Manicure Monday | Hot Chocolate Colored Nails + I'm Featured!

Hello everyone!

Can you believe that there are only 9 days until Christmas!?!  It's ridiculous.  As someone who thoroughly enjoys basking in all that is the holidays... I'm a bit sad that the end is creeping up so quickly.


First, I want to start off by saying that I have arrived at my family's house for the holidays.  I love being here, my mom (Bluebird1959) always has the house so amazingly festive and smelling like Christmas. (If you didn't know already, today is her birthday so you should click the link above and visit her blog).  However, the nail polish remover selection in our household appears to be devastatingly slim...

I pulled a bottle of Cutex Non, Acetone Nail Polish Remover out from underneath my mom's sink in her bathroom.  I assumed it would do a fine job - WRONG.  It took me about 15 minutes of scrubbing at my nails and 10 cotton pads to get my nail polish off.  Usually, with the polish I had on my nails it would take about 5 minutes and 2-3 cotton pads... Yuck.

I just needed to vent about my nail polish struggle... Let's move on to the actual manicure.


To add a Christmas-y flair to my Manicure Monday, I decided to go for a hot chocolate color.
I started off with the same base as I did in last week's Manicure Monday.


After applying the base coat, I applied two coats of Very Structured by Essie.  As usual, I picked mine up at Ulta (however I couldn't find it on the Ulta website anymore, so I linked to where you can buy it on Amazon).


This color looks just like milk chocolate - and I know Essie has a shade called Hot Cocoa, but this to me looks more like true hot chocolate.  When you mix the whipped cream and marshmallows in it is less of a dark chocolate, and a lot more like the color Very Structured creates on my nails.

Lastly I finished up with my go to top coat.

Let me know what you think about my hot chocolate inspired manicure in the comments.

Oh, I almost forgot!  I am going to be featured in this Wednesday's Grow your Blog Link Up over at One Chocolate Box!

 Check out the blog and (if you have less than 500 subscribers) join this weeks link up!

Thanks for checking out this week's manicure, and enjoy the countdown to Christmas!

With Love,

Traci J


No comments:

Post a Comment