Saturday, March 8, 2014

Shai Razor | Review

Hello loves!

Long time no blog! I apologize for taking SUCH a long break from blogging - and for failing at my goals for February.  I had a whole bunch of things going on in my life last month - some that were really terrific and exciting, and others that just really sucked.  Now that I am getting back into a somewhat normal routine - I cannot wait to get back to blogging with all of you.

Look for an update on what I've been doing for the past month soon!

--

One super exciting thing that I will share with you now - is that I received my first ever sample.  As a disclaimer - on any post that has my thoughts on a product which I did not purchase on my own, I will always let you all know!  Also, the thoughts and opinion shared will always be 100% mine and 100% real!

Now, onto the review!


This is the Shai Soft Touch 6 Blade Razor from Dorco.  This company strives to make shaving affordable - which I LOVE because all of the good razors are always SO.EXPENSIVE.

Although it isn't very important - the first thing I look at in a product is the appearance.  Aesthetically, it is super pretty.  I love anything pink - so that's a plus.  It is a good size, I like to have razors that have some substance to them so they are easy to hold and manipulate.



Included with the razor was a holder that suction cups to the inside of the shower. I love this!  I share my bathroom with 3 other roommates - so we have a ton of products and shower things - this makes it super easy to store my razor and I don't have to rummage through all of the clutter to find it.  The best part, it doesn't fall down!  A few years back I had a razor that had a similar holder, and I swear it fell down every day. Not kidding. Good job Dorco, your suction cups are high quality.  

So what about the actual razor, Traci?!

Hold on guys, I'm getting there.


So I actually really liked this razor.  I'm not super picky when it comes to razors - except that I rarely use disposables, because I find that most of them make my legs itchy and dry.  I used this razor with my usual shaving cream from EOS and exfoliated first with this body scrub by Soap and Glory. (Oh, and I followed up with this body butter by The Body Shop.

The lubricating strip has vitamin E, aloe, and lavender oil - which helped it glide across my legs.  No cuts, no red bumps, nothing.  As I said - I'm not really a razor snob - so all I can say is that this razor is really nice.  It does the job, and it didn't irritate my skin at all.

Here is a nice picture of my extremely pale legs (you're welcome) - post shaving and slathering body butter over them.  As you can see - the razor shaved very closely and didn't leave any irritation.  I didn't feel the need to shave again for about 3 days.

All in all, I was pretty impressed with this razor - and here's the thing - it only costs $5.95.  Yep, that's right, and it includes the holder AND a replacement cartridge.

But don't worry readers - I wouldn't talk about an awesome product without giving you the link!!!

AND - here is a code for a 15% discount off any Dorco product!



Code: O326G8IOS0B

It expires on 4/30 so make sure to check it out now!!!!!
--

Thank you so much for sticking with me through my extra long blogging break.  You are all lovely.

With love,

Traci J

No comments:

Post a Comment