Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year's Resolutions 2014


Welcome to 2014 everybody!

I've never been good at making or keeping New Year's resolutions.
So somewhere along the line I just stopped making them.

This is partly because I try to constantly have a reflective mindset and  better myself - but there is something a little exhilarating in setting a resolution for the year. Is this just me, or do you guys feel that way too?

I think it will be fun to set a few goals for the new year and look back next year to see if I accomplished them - and I wanted to take all of my lovely readers on this journey with me! Excited???

So - let's do this.

Organize my room.  
I love love LOVE being organized - however I always fall short when it comes to my room.  My bedrooms (both at my family home and at school) get messy VERY quickly.   The lack of organization in my room makes it hard to put things away quickly - which I need in my super busy life- so I want to get my rooms organized!

Keep up with my blog.  
Four or five deleted blogs later, and here I am - still attempting to do the blog thing. Blogging has always been something that has made me happy, but I've never had the commitment to stick with it.  I want to keep this blog up and running and use it as something to pour my passion into. I said the key word in there - HAPPY.  If it makes me happy, I'm going to do it!

Try new things.  
This resolution is a bit on the vague side... which goes against all of the goal setting frameworks - but I'm using it anyway. I can be very uptight and get anxious easily, but deep down I really enjoy trying new things. Maybe I'll keep track of the new things I try in 2014 and do a post on it next year ;)  - side note - I'm already talking about next year... slow down. 

Alright.  I feel good about those.
What do you think?  What are your resolutions for 2014?

Happy New Year!

With love,

Traci J


No comments:

Post a Comment