Sunday, June 15, 2014

A New Look at an Old Brand | Lands' End

Hello Loves,

Today I wanted to introduce you to the wonderful world of Lands' End swimwear (and accessories).

Lands' End has been around since the early 60's and tends to be seen as a "mom's brand."  Now hear me out - there is nothing wrong with being a mom! However, in the world of style "mom jeans" and "mom clothes" are often used as stand ins for the terms "dowdy" and "drab."  I am here to let you all know that honey, Lands' End is back - and they are HERE. FOR. THIS.



Seriously, whether you are 16 or 76, this brand has the right swimwear for you.  As part of their #getawaytour to promote their swimwear collection, Lands' End visited six cities across the United States showcasing their swimwear and accessories, as well as providing professional swimwear fittings.  One of the best parts? An exclusive chance to talk fashion with Kendall Farr from Glamour Magazine!



I was lucky enough to attend this event as a VIP - thanks Lands' End - in Madison.  The weather was absolutely gorgeous - and the event was entirely outside, right along the lake.  Check out that view!


I'll be honest, I was a bit skeptical before I arrived to the event.  I didn't know a lot about Lands' End, nor did I think much of it as a brand.  However, after a few minutes of being there and chatting with their PR person - Michelle - I was sold.  



Each of the collections targets something different.  They have swimsuits to help with tummy control. They have hollywood glam suits.  They LITERALLY have a swimsuit for everyone.  Tankinis, string bikinis, high waisted... they have it all.


After talking about the various swimwear collections with Michelle, I got my professional swimsuit fitting.  Shocker - I'm child sized...  My awesome stylist was able to bring me two great bikinis that not only fit me well, but were totally my style! Shout out to her because she also let me text off her phone when my phone died later in the day!




The high-waisted, hand-ruched, old hollywood suit is the one that I picked.  It is so flattering and has so much color.  I couldn't resist!

Once I picked my suit I had the chance to chat with Kendall Farr.  She and I discussed how to make your beach outfit last all day.  Let's face it, no one likes to pack a change of clothes for the beach!  We paired a lightweight fuchsia sarong with my Bella Flora suit and she went over the most AMAZING way to tie it! We did it 5 times just to make sure I could master it on my own.  

We also checked out all of the super chic and super trendy accessories that they had to offer.







I had a wonderful day attending the #getawaytour with Lands' End.  If you've counted them out as a stylish place to shop - I highly suggest that you think again.  Lands' End is here to play and here to stay.  Head on over to Landsend.com and tell me what hot picks you find!  What do you think about Lands' End? Let me know below in the comments!

With Love,

Traci J




6 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a great event! Love that suit you went with :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katelyn! It was - I was sad that I wasn't able to make it to the Blogger Bazaar this weekend! I had a super bad cold and had a family outing to go to. It looked like a blast though!

      Delete
  2. I love the high waisted one you got, especially the top!

    x, Phoebe-Cate // phoebecate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't get over how adorable it is!

      Delete
  3. Those bathing suits are so cute! Thanks for linking up at the Manic Mondays blog hop. This week's blog hop is now live...I hope you'll link up! http://mommyatozblog.com/2014/06/22/join-the-manic-mondays-blog-hop-622/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting! Sorry I wasn't able to link up this week! :)

      Delete