Monday, December 29, 2014

Year in Review | 2014


Hello loves,

I consider myself a highly reflective and thoughtful person. More often than not I become entirely too consumed in my thoughts - be it a blessing or a curse- I'm not too sure.

So to play to my  strengths - I decided to do a bit of reflecting on my resolutions from last year.

Did I accomplish them?
Did I not?
Are the same things important to me today?

Let's take a look, shall we... Here is my Year in Review.

1. Organize my Room
Nope. Absolutely not. To be honest, my room is a disaster.  With living on the road - consolidating two residencies into one - and just in general having a busy life - my room consistently looks as if a tornado of clothes, shopping bags, and just junk has flown through.

It's still important to me. I still want a clean room. I love nothing more than to have everything in it's proper place and looking pleasant.  This is something I'd truly want to accomplish in the months to come.  Keep your fingers crossed for me - please.

2. Keep up with my Blog
I'm here aren't I?!  Check. Check. Checkity Check. While I may not have been as consistent as I would have liked - I have been here - I have posted - and I have loved every minute of it.  I love working on BFJ.  It's something I'm proud of.  I'm not embarrassed of posting something for everyone to see. I write what I like - and I like what I write. It's my own little piece of internet sanctuary.
Do we think I can make it to year 2? Stick around and find out.

3. Try New Things
Out of all of my resolutions - this has been the most important - and I had no idea just how applicable it would be. When my boyfriend and I broke up at the start of February - I was devastated. I cried, I wallowed. Oh Lord, did I wallow.  I felt empty.  Once I could bring myself out of bed - I decided I wanted to do everything - try everything - say yes to everything, and I did.  Now, I'm flying across the country, meeting new people, making new friends, and letting go of the little things - something I was never able to do before.  Funny thing is, when I wrote the original post, it was to please my boyfriend.  He was unhappy with my lack of spontaneity.  It aggravated him beyond belief.  I wanted him to know that I was trying.

In the end - this resolution was all about me.  Now, I feel liberated and happy. Funny how much life can change in a year.  Even funnier how something terrible can turn into the one thing that makes you feel comfortable in your skin, feel good.

Whoa Traci, dial back the sentiment.
Reel in those emotions.
Bring it back.

Ok. Hello. I'm fine.

There's a look back at 2014.  What a year, huh?  What were the highlights of 2014 for you?

Stay tuned for my goals for 2015. :)

With love,

Traci J

6 comments:

  1. Traci, I'm glad to learn that you had a great 2014, especially after your breakup. I just read your post about that and I can *so* relate. My ex and I were also dating for 2.5 years and we broke up at the beginning of November. It was difficult and I am in no way over it, but I am focusing on myself and like you, letting go of the little things. It is inspiring to see how far that has taken you this year - good for you, girl! I hope you have an awesome 2015.

    ~ Christina
    http://mabellechristina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christina, Thank you so much for your comment. Break ups are so difficult to deal with - it takes a long time to figure out who you are as a person again. My ex and I were dating for 2.5 years as well. It's always refreshing to find someone that's been through a similar situation. Your comment made my night! I hope your 2015 is great as well. :)

      Delete
  2. I love that you said yes to you and a bunch of new experiences this year! Sometimes the most difficult situations turn out to be the most amazing opportunities, and it sounds like you took full advantage of yours. I hope 2015 is just as amazing! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! Glad to link up! I hope your 2015 is amazing as well! :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great year - even if it did start off a bit rocky. Making a negative a positive is always a good thing. And hey, my room isn't clean either. ;)

    ReplyDelete