Sunday, January 19, 2014

Introductions | Lovingly LuLu


Hello loves!

Today I want to introduce you to an amazing Etsy shop and an amazing woman.  Her name is Rebekah Westermann and she is the lady behind the magic at Lovingly LuLu.  She sells super cute headbands (see above) for both babies AND adults.

Be honest - who doesn't love a good headband?!

So - let's get to know Bekah.

--


Hi all! My name is Rebekah Westermann. I am originally from Wisconsin, but I currently reside in Memphis, TN. I am a 24 year old wife, and stay-at-home mom. My husband, James and I met when we were in highschool, at a little custard shop where we both worked. We started dating YEARS later, and got married the day before our one year dating anniversary. About a month after we got married, we found out that I was pregnant with our (now 10 month old) son, Warren, who has brought so much JOY into our lives. Being a wife and mommy are two beautifully challenging “jobs”, but I am so blessed by and thankful for my best friend that I get to share in life with, and the sweet little person that has been entrusted into our care.

--

I had some questions for Rebekah - here's what she said:

What do you sell at your Etsy Shop?
‘Lovingly LuLu’ sells handmade headbands that are made by yours truly.

When did you start making headbands and why?
I actually made my very first headband January 2nd of this year.  
We found out a few days before Christmas that we are having a little girl in May (Yes, I am pregnant again.), and in a moment of  “I want to be crafty”, I decided to attempt making our little one a headband out of some scrap fabric I had leftover from some other project. Then I attempted another, and another, and another, and so on and so forth until I was pretty much a headband-making junkie. :) 

What inspired you to open a shop on Etsy?
Well, I actually already had my shop on Etsy before I even started making headbands. I originally opened ‘Lovingly LuLu’ this past July not only for something to do, but also to try and sell a vast array of things that I have made. It just didn’t work out for me then. Looking back I think that it was just too random to be successful. 
But when I started making headbands for our little one, people were really liking them. I had quite a few people tell me that I should start selling, so that is what I did. I transformed ‘Lovingly LuLu’ from a shop of random, to a shop of headbands.

Where did the name 'Lovingly LuLu' come from?
‘Lovingly LuLu’ is lovingly named after my mother, Luann. She passed away May 24th, 2008 from brain cancer. When I was trying to decide on a name for the shop, I knew I wanted to include her in some way. Eventually the name just came to me, and I thought (and still think) that it was (is) perfect.

Do you have any advice for others thinking of starting an Etsy shop?
Well, seeing as how I am still new at the whole Etsy shop owner thing, I don’t know that my advice counts for much. But, I guess I would just say if doing/creating something makes you happy, and the thought of sharing it with others gets you excited, go for it! If it works out for you, GREAT! If not, try not to sweat it.  You can’t succeed at something until you at least try. Failing doesn’t make YOU a failure, it just means there is something else out there that is better suited for you. :)

--
More of the headbands you can find at 'Lovingly LuLu'





How do you all like the "Introductions" idea? If you'd like to see more posts like this let me know in the comments!

Be sure to check out 'Lovingly LuLu' http://www.etsy.com/shop/LovinglyLuLu

Have a great Sunday!

With love,

Traci J

3 comments:

  1. I think it is a terrific idea! Can't wait to see who's up next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just reading this post now…a bit late I know, but I absolutely LOVE this idea! I love how her shop came about and the inspiration for the name <3 seriously cute stuff!

    - Katelyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katelyn! I love these headbands... I need 1 or 10...

      Delete